Thursday, August 16, 2007

Altered States

I'm referring to my mind, as well as California. Having successfully survived a Tuesday that was 43 hours long, with not much sleep, I am feeling a bit spaced out. I'm finding California a bit surreal as well. Not sure if it's my state of mind, or the fact that although in many ways it's not that alien, the small differences give one pause for thought - the light switches work backwards, and the water level in the toilets looks dangerously high... as for the driving, well I'll talk about that in another post.

Anyway, I'm going to keep this short, so as not to put myself under time pressure this morning. Everything is going really well, and I'll write in more detail about the trip so far, once I get settled on Amtrak.

The 'Coast Starlight' is due to leave from Oxnard at 11:55 this morning, and arrives in Eugene a little before 1:00pm the next day, so my next post will likely come to you from Oregon tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Sarah Taumoepeau said...

nah...you are not spaced out...LA really is surreal. Have fun! - Sarah (sis)