Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Where are all the Moose?

Just a very quick update to say I have made it back to Portland after four fabulous days exploring parts of northern Maine.

Absolutely outstanding scenery, lots of interesting 2 foot gauge railway bits, and a couple of hundred photos to sort through.

The only fly in the ointment is inevitably I have picked up a @$#%^ chest infection, but with some aggressive self medication, I'm starting to get it under control. It's slowing me down a bit, but hey, nothing new there, and I'm damned if its going to spoil my enjoyment one iota!!!!!

Anyway, its sleepy time for me, and I promise I'll update things in more detail when I get a bit of spare time.

Oh, and where are all the Moose? Despite promises galore, the closest I got was road signs warning 'High Rate of Moose Crashes Next 7 Miles'. Why they keep giving them driving licenses I'll never know!

2 comments:

Sarah Taumoepeau said...

lol, I had a good laugh about the moose having driving licences,(Emma's comment was "I don't get it") glad all is OK, bugger about the infection...keep on truckin'

Anonymous said...

Hi mate, Sounds like you are having a blast. Hows the Vette thing going? The Lotus is all up and running and looking for a bit of race LOL. Keep well and have a Bud for me.

Catch ya later
Ian